Application Deadline: June 1st 2015
Every year, MEST trainees are recruited from among the brightest and most driven university graduates from Ghana and Nigeria. Starting 2015, MEST is also accepting students from Kenya.
Melwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology offers a twelve-month, full-time, fully sponsored training program in which the students – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – learn about software development and entrepreneurship from Senior Faculty, who each bring more than 20 years of experience in the software business in the United States, Europe, or Asia. EITs also benefit from working with university graduates from around the world who serve as Teaching Fellows.
The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed so that EITs master industry-proven methodologies for software development. This coursework is supplemented by a series of guest lectures, featuring the experiences and insights of internationally-recognized executives and successful entrepreneurs.
- Applicants must have a deep passion to start a software company
- Have 3-5 years entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- Can commit a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the MEST training program starting August 2015
- Applicants must have a degree in ANY field from a Kenyan University or technical College
- A completely-filled online application form and CV uploaded
- A desire to make a difference
- A strong interest in technology and software
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self motivation, as well as the ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
- Strong interest in teamwork
- The ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Proven academic excellence
All EITs receive a full scholarship. Tuition is covered by MEST.
Three Meals a Day
Prepared and served by MEST’s catering staff.
EITs are housed at a student hostel for the duration of the twelve-month program, free of charge.
MEST provides each EIT with a small monthly stipend for the duration of the twelve-month program
Admissions Timeline – Kenya
Kenya: Deadline: 1st June, 2015
Offer Sent: By June 30th 2015
Nairobi: 15th – 16th June 2015
School Starts: August 18th, 2015
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Melwater Entrepreneurship School of Technology (MEST)
Lover of Mozilla