Application Deadline: 18th September 2015
Orange is launching the call for applications for the 5th edition of the Orange African Social Venture Prize. This initiative aims to encourage innovative start-up projects which help to accelerate development on the African continent.
The Orange African Social Venture Prize showcases entrepreneurs offering innovative products or services that meet the needs of Africans in fields such as health, agriculture, education, energy, industry or trade.
Over the past four years, 2,000 projects have been submitted for the Orange African Social Venture Prize, reflecting the dynamism of African entrepreneurs and the potential of the telecommunications sector in Africa.
Eligibility/Who Can Enter
- Any entrepreneur (aged 21 or over) or legal entity that has been in existence for fewer than three years may participate at no cost and with no restriction on nationality.
- Submitted projects must be designed to be deployed in at least one of the 17 African countries in which Orange operates and must use information and communications technology in an innovative way to help improve the living conditions of the populations in these countries.
- The prize will recognize three projects with grants of 10,000, 15,000 and 25,000 euros, along with six months of support from Orange experts.
- The first prize will also be offered a patent registration in the country of the project’s deployment.
- Internet users are also invited to vote online for their favourite project on Orange’s entertainment portal in Africa, StarAfrica.com.
- The winner of the “Favourite Project” will have its project submitted directly to the jury along with the other project finalists.
- Applications are accepted from 21 May to 18 September 2015 on Orange’s pan-African web portal, www.starafrica.com.
For More Information: