Application Deadline: 6th May 2016
Every year Brightest Young Mind (BYM) identifies 100 new young people to join its network. If you’re creating a positive social impact and interested in learning from other innovative young people then BYM might be right for you! The new recruits first connect at the 5-day summit. Here they teach and inspire each other and, most importantly, act together.
After being inspired by established leaders, which have included Ahmed Kathrada, Advocate Thuli Madonsela, Michael Jordaan, Ketso Gordhan and more, the delegates participate in leadership development and lean start-up methodology up-skilling. Beyond the summit, delegates can use these skills to improve their efforts to change the world.
The culmination of the summit is a team challenge, in which the delegates apply their new skills as they work in teams to design practical solutions to social challenges in the form of sustainable initiatives or businesses with a social impact. It is our aim that all viable solutions come to life by entering into an exclusive BYM incubation fund.
After the summit, delegates officially become part of the BYM network and have access to things like intra-network mentorship, leadership development, networking and further access to funding and business support.
- Summit applications are open to 20-32 year olds that are African or living in an African country.
- BYM select based on the applicant’s demonstration of their commitment to action and social impact.
- Even though the summit focuses on very practical up-skilling, BYM pride ourselves on selecting a rich diversity of delegates, including artists, engineers, scientists, consultants, public servants, civil leaders and more!
- All summit costs, including lodging, food and transportation once at the summit are covered.
- However, those invited to the summit will be asked to cover their travel to and from the 5-day event.
Apply Now for the Brightest Young Mind Africa Summit 2016
For More Information: