Submission Deadline: 27 February 2015.
My Corruption-Free Africa is an online competition that encourages African youth to participate in a writing and/or photography challenge based around the theme of anti-corruption.
- Any African youth between the ages of 16 – 30 may submit an entry into the competition. Employees of Corruption Watch are not eligible to enter the competition or win awards.
- Participants may enter both the writing and photography competition, however they may only submit one entry per section.
- Each blog entry or photograph must be the entrant’s original work, in its entirety, and must not infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, regardless of their origin. It is the entrant’s responsibility to clear all aspects of copyright.
Application process –
- The public votes – all eligible applications, as approved by an internal selection committee, will be made available on corruptionwatchconnected.org.
- The public will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite piece and the top 60 entrants (30 for writing and 30 for photography) will go through to the second round.
- Wildcards will be introduced to increase the chance of applicants from less ICT-enabled countries, who by definition will have a more difficult time crowdsourcing votes.
- The wildcards will be decided upon by the internal selection committee.
- Independent panel selection – two independent panels will be nominated by Corruption Watch to review the entries and a winner, with two runner-ups, will be selected in each category.
- Winners will be announced on 17 April 2015
Winner – $1 000
1st runner-up – $500
2nd runner-up – $250
participants will submit their entries to email@example.com
For More Information: