Application Deadline: 11:59pm CET, Sunday, 16 August 2015
NOOR and the Pro Department from Nikon France invite photographers and filmmakers to apply for the 2015 NOOR-Nikon Multimedia Journalism Workshop in Bayeux, France, from 7 to 10 October. The workshop coincides with the Rencontres Prix Bayeux-Calvados for war correspondents from 5 to 11 October.
The NOOR-Nikon Multimedia Journalism Workshop is open to young and aspiring documentary photographers and filmmakers, including those intending to work in conflict zones and photographers interested in learning how to apply their still photography skills to filmmaking and multimedia.
Workshop: 7–10 October 2015
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, 16 August 2015
Notification of Selection: Tuesday, 1 September 2015
During the intensive three-day workshop, ten selected participants, together with NOOR photographers Pep Bonet and Andrea Bruce will share experiences and expertise on how to pick up, develop, and produce stories covering conflict and human rights issues for multimedia productions. Subjects covered will include: preproduction, research, logistics, access, safety, equipment for filmmaking and sound, camera movement, lighting, audio, interviewing, filming techniques, and shooting for editing.
- Tuition and meals during the workshop are free through the generous support of Nikon France.
- There is a required fee of EUR 250 to cover accommodation during the workshop.
- Nikon France and Prix Bayeux-Calvados offer workshop participants access to all professional events happening around the Rencontres Prix Bayeux-Calvados, including the Nikon party on Friday 9 October and the awards ceremony on Saturday 10 October.
Please note – all participants are responsible for arranging their own travel and expenses to and from Bayeux. Possession of a passport and travel insurance is required to apply.
Please do bring a laptop to show and share your work. It’s not necessary to bring your recording equipment, but you are welcome to do so. Nikon will provide some equipment during the workshop for demonstration and testing.
HOW TO APPLY
• Basic experience (two to three years) in documentary photography or photojournalism in professional or educational setting
• English fluency (the workshop will be conducted in English)
• Good technical understanding of your camera equipment
To apply, send the following to [email protected] Deadline to receive applications is 11:59pm CET, Sunday, 16 August 2015:
- A CV including your contact information (maximum 2 pages)
- Motivation letter in English (maximum 1 page), including why you want to attend and your experience in journalism and documentary media
- A link to a film or multimedia project you produced, no longer than 10 minutes. Be sure to include a password for password-protected link
- All of the above should be sent in one PDF file not to exceed 6MB*
OR, if you do not have a film or multimedia production available, please send:
- A portfolio of maximum 30 photographs including at least one picture story (5-10 images) that demonstrates your storytelling skills. Include captions with each image and a short introduction (100 words maximum) for each picture story.
- Please send this as a PDF that includes your CV and motivation letter. Your PDF file should not exceed 6 MB*
Please send your application to: [email protected] before midnight Sunday, 16 August 2015.
*If sending a PDF creates a problem or diminishes the image quality, we accept links, word documents or alternative formats. Please contact us in advance for specifications.
For more information contact NOOR via [email protected] or phone +31 20 6060 780.
The selection will be made by NOOR in close cooperation with the Nikon Pro Department from Nikon France. If you are selected you will be notified before Tuesday, 1 September 2015.