Application Deadline – November 9th, 2014 (last date to apply online)
Eligibility Deadline – November 25th, 2014 (last date to complete at least 21 days of the online Self-Development Program)
What: Peace Revolution East/South African Youth Fellowship
When: 26-30 January 2015, Gaborone, Botswana
The Peace Revolution East/South African Youth Fellowship entitled, “Peace In + Peace Out = Sustainable World Peace” will bring together 50 young people from all over East/South Africa who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to create real world change. This retreat aims to promote a culture of peace, peace education, conflict prevention and youth empowerment through the primary means of meditation and self-development.
Are you a young African peace activist looking for the key to self-development to help you in your life, study and work?
Do you reside in either East or Southern African countries? Would you like to learn how to develop your own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in your peace work?
Peace Revolution offers you the opportunity to cultivate a strong peace culture based on the principle of Peace In Peace Out. In cognizance of the special need to develop young peace activists who can respond to the needs of the continent, Peace Revolution invites you to the East & South African Regional Fellowship in Gaborone, Botswana.
Your training starts with a 21 days online self-development program on our interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; develop the tool for inner peace and learn about the concept of PIPO – INNER PEACE + OUTER PEACE = SUSTAINABLE WORLD PEACE.
The fellowship offers you with a 5 days intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace and enhancing their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment. In addition to our intense meditation practice, participants will gain knowledge of various theoretical approaches that include:
- Reclaiming the self and gaining self confidence.
- Conflict resolution and the role of the basic human self-disciplines
- The role of our habits in our daily life and how to improve; the 5 Rooms of life
- The factors that determine our perception to think, act and speak; relation between body and mind
- Leadership: Eight pillars for a stable peaceful society
- Candidates must be East & South African nationals residing in Africa. The countries from these region are: Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Reunion, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, South Sudan, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland. .
- Candidates should be 18-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates must have completed at least 21 days of the online Self-Development Program by November 25th. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace and dialogue.
- Candidates should be young leaders in local, national or international organizations.
- Candidates should send a recommendation letter from their organizations/institutions.
- Candidates need to pay a commitment fee of 100USD before the arrival to the retreat site (by Bank transfer or Western Union)
The Fellowship in Gaborone, Botswana includes:
- Full sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Free meditation retreat fee.
For More Information: