Application Deadline: June 30th 2015
Calling all entrepreneurs and emerging companies to pitch for funding, incubation or support for their businesses at the SA Innovation Summit Pitching Den in collaboration with the PwC Vision to Reality Awards Programme.
This year’s pitchers can enter in two categories, one for start-ups and another for the PwC Vision to Reality competition which focuses on emerging companies with tech enabled solutions.
The PwC Pitching Den Competition is a platform for emerging companies to pitch their business to a well-rounded panel of judges.
The pitching sessions will allow entrepreneurs to:
- Showcase their technologies / ideas to a wider audience
- Obtain access to funds (the judges will commit to second interviews if the pitches are of interest)
- Tap into different markets (the audience will watch to make connections)
- Connect with incubators that support specific types of innovative ideas
- Have access to technical expertise (advisers, IP specialists & venture capitalists)
The PwC Vision to Reality awards programme
The PwC Vision to Reality awards programme celebrates emerging companies with tech-enabled solutions spanning across all industries. The programme aims to encourage companies with the best high-growth potential to become market leaders, and to inspire future start-ups
The 2015 programme includes two awards categories:
Top 10 up-and-coming: PwC has partnered with SA Innovation Summit for the 2015 Vision to Reality awards programme and will use the SA Innovation Summit Pitching Den as the platform for the top 20 Vision to Reality entrants to pitch.The nomination process will take place on the SA Innovation Summit online platform with a specific category for the Vision to Reality target audience
Vision to Reality award winner: The top 10 up-and-coming companies will enter into PwC’s mentorship programme towards the end of 2015 and will make their final pitch to the independent panel of judges.
Innovation Edge Challenge
The best Early Stage Development Invention wins R30,000. Sponsored by The Innovation Edge.
The Innovation Edge is open to applications from all sources across all sectors provided that the innovation:
– Is aimed at improving early learning outcomes.
– Focuses on children between the ages of 0 and 6 years and/or on the period of development during pregnancy.
– Is implemented in South Africa
– Has the potential for large-scale impact at an economical cost within marginalised communities
SAB Foundation Challenge
The SAB Foundation will award R 50,000 to the best Social Innovation entered into any of the Summit competitions. Make sure to let us know that your business / invention is a social innovation, by mentioning the category in the entry / nomination form.
Entering the SA Innovation Summit Pitching Den Competition gives you a chance to win a share of R50,000 worth of cash prizes, as well as IP Consultation services
The competition can be entered online. Steps to for entering the competition online:
Complete the application form
For More Information: