Application Deadline: 28th February, 2015
The Taiwan International Graduate Program is accepting applications to its 2015 International Internship Program (TIGP-IIP) in January 2015.
The Taiwan International Graduate Program TIGP is a unique all-English Ph.D. program supported by Academia Sinica, the most prestigious research institution in Taiwan. In collaboration with top-ranking local research universities, the TIGP would like to invite outstanding young scholars from around the globe to experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities and to participate in build an intellectual network of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
This 2 month program takes place between May and August 2015. There are 12 programs offered by TIGP Internship:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
The TIGP-IIP welcomes applications from overseas candidates of the following status:
- Undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2016.
(Or students who will have been conferred a B.S.＋M.S. degree by August 2016.)
- Students pursuing a Master’s degree and holding a B.S. degree.
- Individuals holding a B.S. or Master’s degree (student’s pursuing a PhD degree are not eligible for this category)
- Students/ Individuals who have attended TIGP-IIP program before are not eligible to apply again.
- TIGP and the hosting PI will together offer NTD 30,000/month-tax free (~USD 1000) for two months. (TIGP will provide a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000/months and the sponsoring faculty will provide additional monthly stipend of NTD 10,000/ month).
- In addition, half of the round-way airfare at economy class will be provided to participating interns upon completion of the training program.
- Orientation—Introduction to Academia Sinica and Taiwan International Graduate Program
- Visits to TIGP partner institutions and sightseeing/field trips
- Basic or fundamental Chinese language classes: free, classes can be waived if the intern has basic knowledge of Mandarin/Chinese or upon request by the mentor.
- Internship Report/Poster Presentation
- Certificate awarding ceremony
Obligations of the Interns
All participating interns must agree to the following conditions:
- Work full time in accordance with the requirements set by the hosting mentor. It is a violation of law to hold any other employment during the internship and may lead to deportation.
- Abide by the laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan), and regulations of the host Institution (Academia Sinica or assigned partner university). In the case of serious violation, the internship may be terminated immediately with possible legal consequences.
- Maintain a professional demeanor during internship.
- Submit project report and/or deliver a presentation upon completion, unless otherwise waived
Important dates / Timeline
Application opens: 1st January, 2015
The deadline to submit applications: 28th February, 2015
Announcement of Results: Last week of March or first week of April 2015
Duration: Standard Program (2 months): 1st July~ 31st August 2015
|Early start||1st May~30th June, 2015|
|1st June~31st July, 2015|
|Standard Program||1st July~31st August 2015|
Location: Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan or Partner University
For More Information: