Application Deadline: 15 September 2015
The National Council for Science and Technology (CONACyT), Mexico City, Mexico, and TWAS offer fellowships for scientists from developing countries (other than Mexico) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in the natural sciences.
- TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at research centers and institutions of higher education and research in Mexico recognized by CONACYT, for a minimum period of six to a maximum period of twelve months and are awarded to scientists from developing countries (other than Mexico) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences and related fields.
- All major public and private institutions of higher education and research centers in Mexico are recognized by CONACYT. More information can be provided by the CONACYT’s contact person indicated below.
- CONACYT will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- CONACYT will also provide a fixed amount for mandatory health insurance coverage.
Applicants for these Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Mexico);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Mexico or any developed country;
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Mexico) and hold a research assignment there;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from the Mexican institution recognized by CONACYT (see sample Acceptance Letter, page 5). N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s), and NOT to CONACYT; a sample Acceptance Letter is included in the application form which can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of the page.
- Prove knowledge of Spanish or provide a certificate of proficiency in English (if these languages are not the candidate’s mother tongue).
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Submitting your application
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September.
- Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from an eligible Mexican host institution to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachment via e-mail directly to TWAS. The subject line must contain: CONACYT/PDoc/the candidate’s surname.
- Applicants to the TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application only to TWAS.
- Applicants should be aware that they may apply for only one TWAS fellowship per year.
- Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of the Visiting Scientists programme, all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and OWSD are mutually exclusive.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme