Submission Deadline: May 5 2015
The World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) seeks entries for the World Young Reader Prizes.
The World Young Reader Prizes are awarded annually to innovative news publishers who excel in engaging the young (ages 25 and under) on one of a multitude of ways. Two special categories for 2015 will honor “Digital First” and “Teaching Freedom” actions.
Who Can Enter:
- Any news publisher may submit multiple entries
The Prize Award
- The awards will be presented on 3 September 2015 in Mumbai, India, during WAN-IFRA India 2015 Conference & Expo, where winners will get a free, once-in-a-lifetime chance to mingle with South Asia’s leading news publishers as they explore the full range of latest trends and practices.
A. Be based on a single project or a series of related activities.
B. Be submitted as a PowerPoint presentation:
This presentation must be in English and limited to no more than 15 megabytes.
C. Feature a first slide that contains:
- Name of the programme
- Category of the entry (core or special categories). We will change this if we feel your entry belongs in a different category.
- Sponsoring news publisher
- Complete address of the news publisher
- Name, e-mail, job title and phone of project director
- Name, e-mail, job title and phone of contact preparing the entry (if different)
- Circulation and frequency of the newspaper or reach of online site.
- A one-sentence description of the project
- Target of project: ages x to y (ages 25 and under should be main target)
D. Be divided into four major sections:
1. Description of the Programme: What you did and why.
2. Development: Financing and partners.
3. Marketing: How you promoted it.
4. Evaluation & Results: How it went.
How to Enter:
You deliver your entry in two steps:
2. The Entry should be in a powerpoint presentation (remember, under 15 MB sent to [email protected] by 5 May 2015.
PPT TIP: Reducing the size of photos (to 96 dpi or below) will go far in reducing the overall size of your entry.
If you simply cannot manage to get the file below 15 MB, put on TWO COPIES of a disc or USB and send to :World Young Reader Prize
96 BIS rue Beaubourg
75003 Paris France
For More Information: