Application Deadline: April 22nd 2015
The Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards honor Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of women technologists helping one another. The cash awards, funded by donations from the Systers Online Community and others, are intended as means for women established in technological fields to support women seeking their place in the fields of technology. The program is called “Pass-It-On” because it comes with the moral obligation to “pass on” the benefits gained from the award
- Pass-it-on Award applications are open to any woman over 18 years old in or aspiring to be in the fields of computing.
- Awards are open to women in all countries and range from $500.00 to $1000.00 USD.
- Applications covering a wide variety of needs and projects are encouraged, such as:
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
- Applications close Wednesday, April 22, 2015 (11:59 PM UTC-7).
- Reference letters due Wednesday, April 22, 2015 (11:59 PM UTC-7).
- Spring 2015 PIO Award Winner >> Reports due Wednesday, December 9, 2015.
- Email questions to [email protected].