Application Deadline: October 30th 2015
The Earth Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship program is the premier program in the world for those dedicated to a better understanding of critical scientific and social issues in global sustainable development. Earth Institute Postdoctoral Fellows, often referred to as the EI Fellows, will join multidisciplinary teams of outstanding, committed scientists from across the Earth Institute and Columbia University.
The EI Fellows program provides innovative postdoctoral scholars with the opportunity to build a foundation in one of the core disciplines represented within the Earth Institute (i.e. social, earth, biological, engineering, and health sciences), while at the same time acquiring the breadth of cross-disciplinary expertise needed to address critical issues related to sustainable development.
Specific areas of research include food security, energy systems, climate change impacts, poverty reduction, disease, and environmental degradation. The program offers a unique intellectual surrounding that fosters cross-disciplinary interaction, research and education.
- To be eligible for the program, candidates must have received their doctoral degrees (Ph.D., M.D. or J.D.) within five years prior to the start of the appointment.
- All doctoral requirements must be fulfilled and the degree awarded before the start of the fellowship.
- The program is open to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens.
- Columbia University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
- EI Fellows will receive an annual salary of $60,000.
- They are also awarded a research stipend of $12,000 over the two-year term for reimbursable expenses related to the fellowship.
- These funds can be used for relocation and moving expenses, as well as for computer, travel, conference, journal, book, software, equipment, and other research costs.
To apply to the EI Fellows program candidates must submit the following documents:
Brief Personal History
3 Recommendation Letters
Application Opens: September 1, 2015
For More Information: