Application Deadline: October 5th, 2015.
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector in developing countries.
IFC’s Young Professionals Program offers a unique opportunity to launch a global career as an investment professional helping to build the private sector in developing countries.
Participants join as Associate Investment Officers or Investment Officers, depending on level of experience – responsible for identifying, structuring, closing and monitoring IFC’s loans and investments – and build their expertise through assignments in different countries, close to IFCs’ clients. IFC’s approach is to combine rigorous analysis, innovative deal structuring and a focus on financial sustainability and positive development impact.
International Finance Corporation is looking for current students or recent graduates of MBA or Master’s degree programs with strong financial skills, professional achievement, leadership potential and a demonstrated commitment to development.
IFC is looking to recruit two levels of investment officers through the Young Professionals Program:
- Associate Investment Officer – 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, or financial consulting); and
- Investment Officer – 5 to 8 of prior relevant work experience.
- Current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar
- Experience in international finance, demonstrated leadership and passion for sustainable private sector development
- Strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends
- Sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills
- Ability to develop new business and effectively focus on client needs
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) preferred
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility
Application and Selection Process
- Application Deadline: October 5th, 2015.
- First Round interviews are expected to take place in October and November, and Final Round Interviews in early December.
- Job offers to successful applicants will be extended in December/January 2015/16, and participants will join IFC in September 2016.
For More Information: