Application Deadline: February 2nd, 2015
The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship for Europe, the Middle East and Africa aims to encourage women to excel in computing and technology, and become active role models and leaders in this field.
Dr. Anita Borg devoted her adult life to revolutionizing the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields. Her combination of technical expertise and fearless vision continues to inspire and motivate countless women to become active participants and leaders in creating technology.
In her honor, Google is proud to honor Anita’s memory and support women in technology with the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship. Google hopes to encourage women to excel in computing and technology and become active role models and leaders in the field.
Google Anita Borg Scholarship recipients will each receive a financial award for the academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership.
In addition, all scholarship recipients and finalists will be invited to attend a retreat at Google.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a female student currently enrolled at a university for the 2014-2015 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa for the 2015-2016 academic year
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Maintain a strong academic record
- Google Anita Borg Scholarship recipients will each receive a € 7,000 (or equivalent) award for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background, passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science, and demonstrated leadership.
- As an Anita Borg Scholar, you will participate in a unique program that includes professional development as well as outreach in your community which kicks-off at the Scholars Retreat in Zurich.
For More Information: