Application Deadline: 1 June 2016 (2359hrs GMT+8 SINGAPORE Time)
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
- Open for application by all international students
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies, which can support you comfortably. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies.
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
Estimated cost of living in Singapore
|Items||Per Student Per Month (SGD)|
– University Canteens
– Meals outside Campus
250 – 350
450 – 600
|Accommodation (based on single room)
– On Campus1
– Off Campus
400 – 700
600 – 1000
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationery, toiletries, laundry, recreation, etc)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
1Priority for on campus accommodation is usually given to first year students.
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
(i) Biomedical Sciences; and
(ii) Engineering and Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
Applications are done online. Deadline for January 2017 intake is 1 June 2016.
For More Information: