Application Deadline: January 1st 2016
SINGA(Singapore International Graduate Award) is an award given to international students with excellent academic undergraduate and/or master’s results, and strong interest in doing research leading to a doctorate (PhD) in Science and Engineering at a Singapore University.
The students can choose to do their research work mainly at the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU) or the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). The PhD degree will be conferred by either NUS, NTU or SUTD.
Under the SINGA, students will receive PhD training at their chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes or one of the three top universities in Asia – NUS, NTU or SUTD. Students will work in a multi-cultural environment, alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Open for application by all international students
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after passing the Qualifying Examination
- One-time Airfare Grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time Settling-in Allowance of S$1,000
- Medical insurance
- Conference allowance
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
- Softcopies of the following supporting documents must be uploaded during your online application:
- Identity card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format
- Bachelor’s Academic Transcripts (in English translation)
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate / Scroll (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred
- Master’s Academic Transcripts, if any (in English translation)
- Master’s Degree Certificate / Scroll, if any (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees)
Not compulsory but good to include (if available):
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results
Application deadline for August 2016 intake is 1 January 2016.
For More Information: