Application Deadline:23rd February 2018.
Applications for the TGCL (LLM) Scholarships 2018/2019 program are now being accepted
Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL) invites applications from candidates from the East African Community Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda) for LLM studies starting 1st October 2018.
- The minimum requirement for admission to the LLM program is a Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent from a recognised higher learning institution.
- The language of instruction in the School of Law is English. Those who are not conversant with it should not apply.
- Candidates who have graduated (their bachelor degree or equivalent) longer than six years before the application deadline are not encouraged to apply.
The Contents of the Programme
The candidates will pursue a coursework and a dissertation programme on Regional Integration and East African Community Law. The programme takes one year of full-time attendance.
On successful completion of the programme, the students will obtain a Master of Laws degree from the University of Dar es Salaam and an additional TGCL Certificate.
The TGCL will award scholarships only to applicants from EAC partner states and will cover:
- the university fees for the LLM programme
- a reasonable health insurance
- an annual stipend of 2,400 EUR for Tanzanians and of 3,000 EUR for non-Tanzanians
- a housing allowance of 30 EUR per month
- a once-off research grant of 460 EUR
Mode of Application
The applicant must register online through the TGCL website and submit the following documents electronically:
- a signed curriculum vitae with clear evidence of periods of legal and other relevant education, training and practical experience. It is compulsory to use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- a one-page letter of motivation
- certified photocopies of all relevant certificates (birth certificate, school leaving certificates, academic transcripts, certificates of legal or other professional education, including provisional results for applicants who are in the final year of their LLB studies); in the case of documents not written in English, an official translation should be attached
- a recent passport picture
- a release letter from your employer (if you are employed)
- a proposal of the intended research (1,500 words) – see annexed guidelines
In addition to the online application, applicants must send the following documents to the address indicated below:
- Hard copies of all application documents mentioned above
- Two recent passport size pictures
- Two letters of recommendation (signed and sealed)
- a printout of the online registration confirmation sheet
Dr Benedict T. Mapunda
The Coordinator, TGCL
University of Dar es Salaam School of Law
P.O. Box 35093
Dar es Salaam
phone: +255 22 278 1422
email: [email protected]o.com
Dr Benedict T. Mapunda
University of Dar-es-Salaam School of Law
Mikocheni Campus (former NIC College – Opposite Mikocheni B Police Post)
Royal Mushi Street, No. 13
Dar es Salaam
The deadline for applications is Friday, 23rd February 2018. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. All applications must be submitted both online and hardcopies.
It is highly recommended to use a reliable professional courier service to ship the hardcopies in case the applicant is not personally delivering the application documents to the physical address indicated above.
For More Information: