The South African SKA Project aims to give academically excellent science and engineering graduates and postgraduates the opportunity to work for the the South African SKA Project (SKA SA), the project established the Young Professionals Development Programme (YPDP), in 2014.
YPs with a Bachelors Degree, or a National Diploma, are recruited as interns, on a one-year contract, after which time they are funded to complete an Honours / B.Tech degree, on a full-time basis. YPs with a relevant postgraduate qualification are recruited for a period of three years, and if appropriate are supported to study towards a PhD degree.
In addition to work-based experience, the YPs are mentored develop the necessary skills required by young professionals in any workplace environment.
Only South African citizens will be considered for the YPDP programme having one of the following academic qualifications:
- Currently in final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic Engineering
- Currently in final semester of National Diploma in Electronic Engineering
- Currently completing a Bachelor of Technology in Electronic Engineering
- Currently in final year of a Bachelor of Science with Mathematics and Physics as majors, or with Mathematics and Computer Science as majors
- Currently completing a Bachelor of Science Honours in Astronomy / Astrophysics, or in Computer Science
- Currently in second and final year of a Masters Degree in Electronic Engineering or Observational Radio Astronomy
- In final year of Masters Degree of Technology in Electronics
- Currently in third and final year of a Doctoral Degree in Electronic Engineering or Observational Radio Astronomy
How to Apply:
- The YPDP is currently open for applications from suitably qualified candidates from South Africa.
- To apply, please send an email with your name, CV and full academic transcript to [email protected] before 1 May 2015.
For More Information:
E-Mail: [email protected], or call Mr Loyiso Gura at 011 442 2434.