Application Deadline: April 25 2015 (midnight GMT).
- Do you blog about development issues such as food security, financial inclusion, global public health, and more?
- Would you like to be published on the World Bank Group’s Voices blog?
If the answer to those questions is yes (and you meet the eligibility criteria below), we’re excited to invite you to enter the first World Bank Spring Meetings Voices Blog Contest.
The contest is an opportunity to share your perspective on pressing development issues discussed at the World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in Washington the week of April 13.
The World Bank is looking for original, well-written posts related to the Spring Meetings and the World Bank Group’s mission to end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity.
The World Bank will choose up to five winners and link to all entered and accepted blog posts from the Voices blog.
One grand prize winner will also win an opportunity to interview a senior World Bank Group official during the next six months. That blog post also will be considered for publication on Voices.
- Current World Bank Group staff members, consultants, or retirees are not eligible.
- A blogger must have all rights to submit all of the content in his blog post. Content from sources other than the blogger must be clearly marked throughout the submission and properly cited.
- Bloggers are defined as people who published blog posts on a blog established by Jan. 1, 2014, and who posted at least 12 times in calendar year 2014.
- Bloggers must be at least 18 years of age at the time of submission of their entry.
- The World Bank Group reserves the right to research and verify the eligibility of any entrants, and the decision of the World Bank Group shall be final.
- A panel of expert judges from inside and outside the World Bank Group will select up to five winning posts to be published on the World Bank Group’s Voices blog during the month of May 2015 and promoted on World Bank corporate social media channels.
- Each of the winners will have the opportunity to submit another blog post to the World Bank on a subject of their choosing related to international development, for consideration for the Voices blog within the next six months. If accepted, the posts will be published on Voices. The World Bank Group reserves the rights to edit any blog posts to comply with its editorial and other policies and guidelines.
- From the winning entries, the judges will choose one grand prize winner who, in addition to the prize described above, will also win an opportunity to interview a senior World Bank Group official during the next six months, and write a blog post based on that interview. That blog also will be considered for publication on Voices.
- The World Bank Group reserves the rights to edit any blog posts to comply with its editorial and other policies and guidelines.
- How to enter
- You can blog about any of the World Bank Live webcasts from April 15 through 18, 2015. The webcasts cover a variety of topics including big data, water security, the future of food, oil prices and universal financial access.
- Write a blog post that doesn’t just summarize the webcast but expands on its issues and themes. Each blog post must include a link to at least one event page on the World Bank Live site from April 15 through 18, 2015.
- Keep your blog post to 700 words or fewer. Longer entries will be disqualified.
- Blog entries should be published, and contest entries must be received, by 8 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on Saturday, April 25 (midnight GMT). Send submissions by email to Blog4Dev@worldbank.org, including the URL and author’s full legal name, email address, and phone number. No anonymous or pseudonymous entries will be considered.
- Entries will be accepted only in English, but winning posts will be translated by the World Bank Group into Arabic, French, Spanish, and possibly other languages.
- If you promote your blog on Twitter, please use the hashtag #Blog4Dev.
For More Information: