Application Deadline: February 27 2015
Stanford University’s Sohaib and Sara Abbasi Program in Islamic Studies invites applications for a one-year postdoctoral position for a scholar working on Islam in Africa in any time-period and region and in any discipline. The fellow will teach one course in the Department of History, pursue his/her own research, participate in the activities of Stanford Center for African Studies and Stanford Global Studies Division, and contribute to the intellectual life on campus.
- Candidates must have completed the Ph.D. by the time of appointment on September 1, 2015.
- The recipient may not be more than three years beyond the receipt of doctoral degree by the time of the appointment.
- Scholars trained in disciplines other than History (including, for example, Art History, Political Science, and Music) whose work engages in historical analysis are welcome to apply.
- Please submit a cover letter, CV, two-page description of your research plans, drafts of two course syllabi, and a writing sample of no more than 30 pages.
- Applicants should arrange to have three letters of recommendation submitted directly to Interfolio. Review of applications will begin on February 27, 2015.
For More Information: