Submission Deadline: February 13 2015
The World Bank is inviting entries to the #EachDayISee contest on Instagram to help draw attention to the myriad of problems facing communities all around the world.
No matter where in the world you live, you see and experience things every day that make you think; that upset or inspire you; that you wish were different; or that give you hope. Instead of walking past, ignoring, or pretending there’s not an issue, the world bank want you to capture an image and share it to help raise awareness of the issues where you live.
Today the World Bank turns to you—global citizens—to give faces to the seemingly insurmountable issues you experience, like access to clean water, corruption, clean stoves, sanitation, gender inequality, or any number of other real challenges your community faces.
How it works:
- Describe what you see, where the photo was taken, and why it means something to you in the caption. Include the hashtag #EachDayISee. Don’t forget to set your account to “public” to have your likes counted!
- Use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and your other social channels to amplify your Instagram post in order to get the most likes. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #EachDayISee.
- The 20 photos with the most likes on their Instagram photos (sorry, likes, favorites, and +1s on other social networks don’t count) will be selected as finalists
- Finalist photos will:
- Be featured on World Bank Instagram page
- Be featured in a photo album on the World Bank Facebook page
- Be publically projected at World Bank headquarters in Washington, DC during the World Bank Spring Meetings in April 2015
- Be included in a hard cover premium photo book
- Each finalist photo posted to World Bank Instagram will be open for voting. Regram and share your photo from the World Bank Instagram page to your networks on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ to encourage likes.
- The users who submitted the top five-liked photos will receive the hard copy photo book
- Contest will run January 12 – February 13. All photos posted during this time that include the hashtag will be eligible.
- Final counting for likes will be completed on February 20, and finalists will be selected and posted to the World Bank Instagram channel on (or during the week of) February 23.
- Voting will be open until March 9 at 9 AM.
- Top 5 photos receiving the most likes on the World Bank Instagram page will be announced on March 10 and winners will be contacted about receiving their prizes.
- Photo books for winners will be delivered by April 15.
For More Information: