Application Deadline: July 27, 2016 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
The BCFN Foundation has opened the research competition BCFN YES! 2016. For a grant of €20,000, researchers from across the globe are invited to put forward projects and concrete solutions on the themes of food and sustainability.
The aims of BCFN Yes! 2016 are:
– to encourage young scientists to conduct research on issues relating to food and nutrition;
– to favour collaborative research;
– to open new fields of research and create new generations of experts;
– to promote clear analyses with high scientific value;
– to identify solutions to improve food safety and guarantee healthy and sustainable nutrition
- Sustainable and healthy diets;
- Urban food systems and policies;
- Resilient agriculture, land use change and agroecology;
- The nexus between climate change, energy and food;
- Sustainable water management;
- Food supply chains;
- Ecosystems and ecosystem services;
- Healthy lifestyles;
- Food waste reduction;
- Food policy development;
- Food security: availability, access, utilisation, stability;
- Communication technologies and networks;
- Youth and women’s involvement in agriculture;
- The BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition is designed for individual or multidisciplinary and/or cross-national research teams that consist of a maximum of three components (hereinafter “Participants”).
- Students/applicants who are currently pursuing doctoral degrees are eligible, as well as researchers/applicants with a PhD or a doctoral degree received after December 2014.
- All the Participants must be under the age of 35 at the date of December 31, 2016
- Consistency with the topic areas and the BCFN Foundation’s mission;
- Significance of the problem;
- Design of the study;
- The investigator’s qualifications (possession of the requisite skills);
- The appropriateness of the schedule and the likelihood that the work will be accomplished on time;
- Completeness of the application.
- The Recipients shall present a preliminary report at the February 2017 first BCFN Advisory Board Annual Meeting.
- Upon submission by the Recipients to the Advisory Board of the BCFN Foundation of quarterly reports documenting the progress of the Research, BCFN Foundation will pay the grant in two periodic installments as the research progresses: