Application Deadline Extended: January 18th 2016.
The City of Joburg Educating Digital Intern Programme coined C.O.J.E.D.I, is a programme initiated by the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality in January 2015 as part of the foundation phase of developing a smart city.
The COJEDI programme focuses on driving innovation & entrepreneurship through critical thinking, preparing students for employment and empowering them to significantly participate in the mainstream of the ICT sector and the burgeoning economy.
The strategy is to recruit and train 1000 of the City’s brightest young information technology (IT) minds to be part of the digital internship programme. The project supports the Gauteng infrastructure investment programme launched by the Premier focusing in the area of ICT and broadband.
The participants of the COJEDI programme will be equipped to technically service the needs of the Municipality’s smart city objectives.
- Youth between the ages of 18 and 35 – linked to Youth Employment Accord
- The majority of the participants should be black females from previously disadvantaged areas, mainly from the townships and other informal settlements in the City
- Unemployed graduates
- Persons with disabilities who have not been given opportunities of participating in the mainstream economy.
- NEET – (youth not in employment, education or training)
- Maths and Science
- Higher Education With A 1 Or 2 Year Diploma
Location : You Must Reside In Johannesburg
To be able to generate, facilitate and accelerate skills development processes for the program participants at all levels, the COJEDI programme has linked itself to innovation and future technology trends with new skills development programmes. The participants of the programme will be undergoing training in four technical skills programmes:
Register Now for the 2016 City of Johannesburg Educating Digital Internship Programme
For More Information: