Application Deadline: October 30th 2015
The Foundation offers high school scholarships to learners who demonstrate the potential to excel academically, and who have the desire to fully engage in available opportunities. Scholarship recipients, known as Allan Gray Scholars, receive funding for high school tuition. It is the Scholarship’s vision to develop a community of young entrepreneurially minded leaders so that Scholars will become Candidate Fellows or gain access to university.
The Scholarship was created to broaden the pool of Fellowship applications from those who are able to demonstrate financial need in Southern Africa. The Scholarship focuses on the development of intellectual imagination, encouragement of personal initiative, infusion of spirit of significance, courageous commitment and pursuit of excellence.
The Scholarship is available in South Africa, Botswana and Swaziland, offering unique solutions for each context.
- This Scholarship opportunity in South Africa is available to learners entering high school, however learners can only apply when they are in Grade 6. An Allan Gray Scholarship will provide them with the opportunity to attend one of the Foundation’s partner Placement Schools in South Africa.
The Scholarship covers the following:
- School Tuition Fees
- Boarding Fees
- Prescribed Book and Stationery Allowance
- School Uniform and Civilian Clothing Allowance
- Travel Allowance (should the Allan Gray Scholar take up boarding outside of his/her home province)
- Pocket Money
- Extramural Allowance
- Entrepreneurial and Personal Development ProgrammeAn Entrepreneurial Personal Development Programme is delivered by means of individual relationships, group and peer learning and exposure to entrepreneurs. This programme is offered to South African and Namibian Scholars from Gr.8 to Gr.12 alongside their schooling curriculum.
The following criteria apply:
- Applicant must be in Grade 6 this year (2015)
- A minimum of 70% in English and Mathematics (Grade 5-6)
- A minimum of 70% in Numeracy and Literacy in the Annual National Assessments (ANA)
- Demonstrate financial need
- The applicant has to be a South African citizen
- Certified copies of all required documentation
- Demonstrate the following entrepreneurial characteristics:
- Intellectual Imagination: enjoys being creative and innovative
- Achievement Excellence: sets high standards for self
- Courageous Commitment: must be courageous and determined, brave and persistent
- Spirit of Significance: wants to impact others and make a difference
- Personal Initiative: prepared to take action to address challenges
How to Apply:
- Fill Out the Application Form
For More Information: