Deadline: February 14 2014
The scholarship is open to current female undergraduate or graduate students who will be studying at a university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship for Europe, Middle East and Africa is now open to current female students who will be enrolled in study for the 2014/2015 academic year at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa. Students must be enrolled in a computer science, computer engineering, informatics or closely related technical program and maintain a record of strong academic performance.
Google Anita Borg Scholarship recipients will each receive a € 7,000 (or equivalent) award for the 2014-2015 academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background, passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science, and demonstrated leadership. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend an annual Google networking retreat in 2014.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a female student currently enrolled at a university for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa for the 2014-2015 academic year
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Maintain a strong academic record
Please complete the online application which includes:
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institution for the 2014-2015 school year)
- Current resume/CV (up to 2 pages)
- Academic transcripts from your current institution (and prior institution if currently in graduate school)
- A reference letter from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to essay questions
For More Information:
E-mail: [email protected]