Application Deadline: January 15 2015
Sponsorship is now available to eligible candidates to pursue training at the Jubilee Technical Training Centre in Takoradi, funded by Tullow Oil plc. The Scheme is aligned with Tullow’s aim of supporting long-term socio-economic development in countries where it operates. The Scheme seeks to build up the human capacity and knowledge base of Ghanaians to participate in the Oil and Gas industry and other allied industries.
The Tullow Technical Training award for Ghanaians to study at the Jubilee Technical Training Centre is to augment the current international scholarships sponsored by Tullow Oil.
The Tullow Technical Training awards will support this agenda by helping to increase the number of people with expertise in oil and gas and other sectors in the countries where Tullow operates. It seeks to meet the skills gap for well-trained technical expertise. Sponsorship at JTTC will be aimed at increasing accessibility of the scheme to individuals living in the Western Region.
Duration of Training
Each sponsored course will be for a duration of six months.
- Process engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
All sponsored courses will be certified to UK NVQ level 2
To qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of Ghana.
- Must be a resident of the Western Region
- Must have an interest in technical studies for employment
- Must have a minimum of a pass in English Language in the West Africa Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
- Ability to communicate and be instructed in English
- Willingness to commit a minimum of 6 months to the training full time.
- Successful candidate must be willing to live in Takoradi for the duration of the course.
The sponsorship award is targeted at graduates from
- Senior High Schools
- Vocational/ Technical Training schools
- Polytechnics with Higher National Diploma or diploma certificates.
- Any other relevant professional qualification
Applicants can download an application form or pick up application forms from the following points:
- JTTC premises (Centre Administrator on 0505088851/0505088852/0206844219) Downloadable from the JTTC website www.jttc.tpoly.edu.gh
- E-mail email@example.com to request an application form
All completed applications should be forwarded to JTTC: Attention: Matthew Gyan.
In all cases the following supporting documents should be submitted to complete the application:
- Completed application form
- Certified copies of certificates
- Certified copies of transcripts
- Certified copies of Testimonials/Letters of Reference from your employer or a senior public servant indicating your work experience and/or ability to successfully undertake and complete the programme being applied for
- Two recent passport size photographs (both should be endorsed with names and signature)
For all enquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: