Application Deadline: March 22nd 2016
The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Kenya, in partnership with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) In-Country/In-Region Scholarships Programme and African university partners, requests applications for doctoral research scholarships in the African Regional Postgraduate Programme in Insect Sciences (ARPPIS).
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum pass of second-class, upper division.
- A Master’s degree taken with both coursework and research in the field of natural sciences or other field relevant to the PhD project.
- The Master’s degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- The applicant must be a national of a country in sub-Sahara Africa.
- Qualified female candidates, candidates from less privileged regions or groups, and candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Qualified nationals of French- and Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa are also encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a maximum age of 36 years (men) or 40 years (women) by 31st December 2016.
- Additional specific entrance requirements will be considered for admission depending on the PhD project(s) selected by the candidate. See the applicant requirements for each project here: http://scholarships.icipe.org/application/documents/phd_projects.pdf
- A working knowledge of English (written & spoken).
- Completed application forms and accompanying supporting documents.
ARPPIS PhD Programme
ARPPIS is a partnership with African universities with scholarship support from DAAD, which offers three-year doctoral research scholarships aimed at preparing young researchers from Africa for internationally competitive research careers in insect and related sciences.
At icipe ARPPIS scholars are provided with excellent research facilities in an interdisciplinary environment within a structured, three-year training programme that includes research, training, seminars and participation in scientific meetings and international conferences. Scholars conduct their research at icipe’s laboratories as well as at field sites located in various agro-ecological zones.
- DAAD-ARPPIS PhD scholarships are available to nationals of sub-Saharan countries.
- The scholarships cover all costs of the PhD programme, including travel, living expenses, medical insurance, university fees and all research and training costs.
- Successful candidates will carry out their research in selected projects at icipe. For a list of the 12 Eligible Projects go to: http://scholarships.icipe.org/application/documents/phd_projects.pdf
- Successful candidates will develop a full proposal and register with an ARPPIS partner university in Africa after they commence their PhD programme at icipe.
- The ARPPIS PhD programme will commence in September 2016.
Full instructions and online application: http://scholarships.icipe.org/application/
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the DAAD-ARPPIS doctoral scholarships for study at icipe, Kenya
am a Ph.D. holder of Human Anatomy,45 yrs old pls what grant can i apply for.
[…] ARPPIS-DAAD PhD scholarships for study at icipe, Kenya – Three-year doctoral training in insect sciences for development […]