Application Deadline: 25th April 2024.
VLIR-UOS offers full Masters Scholarships in Belgium for students from Developing countries – half of this scholarship will be offered to African students and preference will be given to Women. The eligible training or Masters programmes are taught in English.
Candidates that meet the following criteria may apply for an ICP Connect scholarship:
- Nationality and country of residence: Candidates’ must be nationals of one of the 29 eligible countries and must be a resident of one of these countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application. Check our list of countries eligible for scholarships.
- Age: Candidates cannot be older than 35 on January 1 of the year of intake for an initial master and 45 for an advanced master.
- Professional background and experience: Preference will be given to candidates employed in higher education, government or civil society, or those targeting a career in one of these sectors. Candidates employed in the private sector or newly graduated candidates with no work experience may also be considered if they provide a strong motivation and profile.
- Scholarship applications: Candidates may apply for only one ICP Connect scholarship application per year. Candidates cannot receive any other scholarship or grant to participate in this study programme or another programme simultaneously.
- Previously awarded scholarships: Candidates may not have previously received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a study programme and may not have enrolled in a study programme at a Belgian higher education institution before January 1 of the year of intake.
VLIR-UOS supports a selection of 10 initial and 5 advanced master programmes. Check out our one- and two-year programmes below.
Advanced masters (one-year)
- Master of Human Settlements
- Master of Development Evaluation and Management
- Master of Governance and Development
- Master of Globalisation and Development
- Master of Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies (CADES)
Initial masters (two-year)
- International Master of Science in Agro- and Environmental Nematology
- International Master of Science in Rural Development
- Master of Aquaculture
- Master of Epidemiology
- Master of Science in Food Technology
- Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management
- Master of Statistics and Data Science
- Master in Sustainable Development
- Master of Transportation Sciences – Road Safety
- Master of Water Resources Engineering
- VLIR-UOS scholarships cover tuition fees, travel, insurance and living expenses (board and lodging).
- VLIR-UOS only offer scholarships for the full duration of the Master’s programme (12/24 months). It is not possible to apply for a partial scholarship or an extension.
- Confirm your eligibility based on all given criteria.
- Take a look at the selected Master’s programmes (15).
- Learn more about the Master’s programmes on their respective websites
- If you are interested in a specific programme, go to the website of the university organising this and follow the instructions.
- On the university website, apply for admission to the programme as well as for the scholarship itself. When you apply for the programme, be sure to mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship. Do not apply for more than one Master’s programme per year.
For More Information: