Application Deadline: 8 December 2021
The climate crisis is one of the most important societal challenges of our time. The pandemic is proof that clearer air, cleaner water, fewer emissions, and healthier ecosystems are achievable if we act now. As the world begins to recover, it is critical that we don’t just return to the ways of doing things as before; we must continue taking climate actions to avoid the most catastrophic effects of climate change. To reach the goals of the Paris Agreement, we all must use this moment to find and develop collective and innovative solutions to build a better, more sustainable, future.
At Deloitte, we are committed to addressing climate change both within our organization and beyond through our WorldClimate strategy. We recognize that change starts within, and we must set and meet higher standards for ourselves, empower our professionals, and connect with our broader ecosystem to create solutions that facilitate the transition to a low carbon economy. We must work collectively to accomplish change.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, we’re proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2022 which will enable 5 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Tokyo, Japan on 16 – 19 May 2022.
This scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on reducing the causes and effects of climate change in their communities, countries, or world at large. The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Create, scale, or support efforts that reduce carbon emissions.
- Reduce the negative impacts of climate change through technology, activism, community programs, policy, nature-based solutions, or other similar efforts.
- Empower individuals within the community or around the world to take climate action.
- Plan and strategize around reducing climate change-related natural disaster impacts and strengthen resiliency.
Aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address climate and environmental challenges
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative,
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo
- Travel restrictions permitting
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 22 and 26 (inclusive) May, 2022
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo (economy class)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit)
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy”
For More Information: