Application Deadline: January 15, 2015.
Applications for the Vanderbilt International Summer Research Program for Summer 2015 are open now!
During VISRA, students have the opportunity to complete a research program in the laboratory of a Vanderbilt University School of Medicine faculty scientist. The program is designed to give talented international undergraduate students a chance to see what life as a PhD student is like at a top notch research institution.
The June to July section of VISRA is open to any currently enrolled international undergraduate student. The 2015 program will run from June 8 until August 1, 2015.
- Students will be able to interact socially and academically with other students, both international and domestic, who are participating in similar programs.
- Students will get to know current Vanderbilt biomedical PhD students and faculty, as well as present their research at the end of VISRA.
- Students will attend weekly mentoring sessions with Vanderbilt faculty.
- Students will have the opportunity to attend Graduate Record Exam (GRE) preparatory seminars designed to improve acheivement on the GRE (the standardized test that most US universities require applicants to take), as well as be given the opportunity to take the GRE during the program.
- When you apply, you will be able to list up to 6 Vanderbilt Faculty that you are interested in working with for your research project. You can find a complete list of all Vanderbilt University Medical Center faculty here.
Vanderbilt University will pay for Summer Research Academy participants. This includes:
- Round-trip airplane ticket.
- Transportation to and from the Nashville airport.
- A stipend of $3,000.00 to help you pay other expenses (meals, local transportation, etc.) during VISRA.
- Health insurance as required to meet US immigration regulations.
- Applicants cannot be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Applicants should have a strong desire to pursue an advanced (PhD) degree and should be highly motivated to learn.
- Applicants should have completed at least 2 years of university studies, achieving high grades. We anticipate that most VISRA students will currently be enrolled in a University outside of the United States and will have recently completed their second or third year of studies. While all international students are welcome to apply, preference will be given to students who are currently outside of the United States
- Applicants should have excellent English language skills. While your English may improve at the Academy, this is not an opportunity to study English.
For More Information: