Deadline for submissions: December 15, 2014
This year, the committee on the status of Women is focusing on challenges to implementing the Beijing Platform for Action. In light of Beijing+20, how can understanding human dignity help achieve women’s equality and empowerment?
The Youth Voices at the UN is a global training program run by the World Youth Alliance. The program provides an opportunity for our youth members to attend part or all of the Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations in New York.
Participants benefit from informational training at World Youth Alliance. that teaches them how to articulate the core concepts of human dignity protection at the UN. Participants learn how to interact with delegates, and most effectively represent themselves, their countries and the mission of WYA.
Participants of the Youth Voices program are selected through an essay writing competition that covers themes discussed in actual United Nations Commissions. Writers of the winning essays will receive:
- An invitation to attend UN commissions together with the WYA team
- Training at the WYA Headquarters prior to attending the UN Commission
- Free lodging in New York City for the duration of the program
- A certificate of completion of the Youth Voices Program
Please note that participants will have to cover their own transportation costs to and from New York City, and within New York City.
- Participants must be Track A Certified
- Be from 16-30 years old
- One entry per person
- Format: 800 – 1,000 words in MS Word or PDF file
- Fill out the application form
- Email application forms to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Youth Voices at the UN‘
- Deadline for submissions: December 15, 2014
- November 1, 2014: Essay competition starts
- December 15, 2014: Last day to submit essays
- December 20, 2014: Winner notification
- January 5, 2014: Last day for winners to confirm participation at the CSW in New York
- March 9 – 20, 2015: 59th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
How to Apply:
For More Information: