Application Deadline: 1 February 2017.
The Karlstad University Global Scholarship programme is aiming at top academic students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees for studies.
Karlstad University Global Scholarship offers scholarships covering tuition fees in part or in full. The application for scholarship will be considered only if the application fee is paid or if you are exempted from paying the application fee. This scholarship programme is not open for students from the following 12 countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Students from these countries instead have the possibility to apply for The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships.
- Scholarships cover 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the tuition fees.
- The value of the scholarship is stated in the notification of scholarship for each scholarship holder.
- The scholarship value is deducted from the tuition fees of the programme for which you are awarded a scholarship.
- Please note that the Karlstad University Global Scholarships do not cover living costs.
- To be able to finance your stay in Sweden and get a residence permit for studies you need to show that you have funds for the total study period the first time you apply for a residence permit. For further information contact the Swedish Migration Board.
- The selection process for scholarships is undertaken after the programme selection process. Priority will be given to students with high academic performance and who demonstrate a strong commitment and desire to study at Karlstad University.
- The scholarship is only awarded for programmes starting in a fall semester.
- An offer of a scholarship is only valid for the year and the programme stipulated in the scholarship notification.
- If the student is granted deferment until the next academic year, the offer of a scholarship is not valid. If a student who has been awarded a scholarship changes programmes, the student will risk losing the scholarship as scholarships are programme-specific.
How to Apply:
- A printed and signed scholarship application form, together with supporting documents should be sent to Karlstad University, International Office, 651 88 Karlstad, Sweden.
- The application needs to be received 1 February 2017 the latest.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- You must apply for studies at Karlstad University before applying for scholarship.
For More Information: