Application Deadline: 11.59PM GMT + 01.00 ON THURSDAY MARCH, 31 2016
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is a major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries.
The scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
1. At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
2. 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/ 5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
3. Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified
Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, award of the scholarship is conditional
on University admission.
Applicants not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years.(In accordance to the University stipulated time for duration of chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover ;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent,
merit based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the
David Oyedepo Foundationteam, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order ofimportance):
A proven record of superior scholastic ability
Displayed financial need
A proven record of leadership and community involvement
A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
- March 31, 2016 : Application Closes
- April–May 2016 : Semifinalists are interviewed by scholarship committee
- May 2016: Applicants are notified of their status
- May–July 2016: University Admissions and Visa processing by scholars
- August–September 2016: Resumption of Scholars in Covenant and Landmark University
For More Information: