Application Deadline: February 22nd 2016
Job Title: Young Innovators Fellowship Programme – Management Positions
Job ID: 3270
Location: Multiple Locations
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
UNFPA delivers a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s goal is to achieve universal access to sexual and reproductive health, realize reproductive rights, and reduce maternal mortality to accelerate progress on the ICPD agenda, to improve the lives of adolescents and youth, and women, enabled by population dynamics, human rights, and gender equality.
UNFPA recognizes the untapped potential of young people around the world. UNFP want to channel your energy and creativity to develop solutions in Headquarters which UNFP can use in its Country and Regional Offices.
- UNFPA is seeking two of the brightest and most ambitious youth globally to be a part our new Young Innovators Fellowship Programme. This opportunity-of-a-lifetime programme covers expenses related to travel, stipend, accommodation and health insurance.
- This exciting development opportunity will see two fellows join us at UNFPA Headquarters in New York for a period of one year (July 2016-June 2017).
- The fellows will undergo leadership training for a period of three months (July-September 2016), before they are placed in a management operations role for a period of nine months, continuing their fellowship in various Headquarters work units such as: Human Resources, Finance, Management Information Systems, Communications, or External Affairs.
In addition to experience working with UNFPA, all successful applicants will be provided with the following by UNFPA:
- Cost of return economy-class travel from country of origin
- Financial and administrative assistance with travel documents and visa requirements
- Health insurance
- Housing arrangements (fully paid for accommodation)
- Monthly stipend (for meals and other basic needs)
- A workstation with computer and internet access
- Opportunities to be mentored by UNFPA staff and external mentors
- Administrative assistance as required via our Service Centre
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate (see http://www.unfpa.org/about-us)
- Basic understanding of issues of importance to UNFPA and what the organization stands for Working knowledge of English (mandatory: written and oral)
- Commitment to return to home country to promote International Conference of Population and Development mandate. For details regarding ICPD see http://www.unfpa.org/icpd
- Aged between 18 years to 25 years old as of 29th February 2016
Exemplifying integrity / Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN System / Embracing Diversity / Embracing Change
Working in team/ managing ourselves and relationships / Communicating for impact / Thinking analytically and strategically / Developing and applying professional expertise
Providing conceptual innovation to support programme effectiveness / Planning organizing and multi-tasking
Compensation and Benefits
This opportunity of a lifetime is a fully funded programme with all expenses related to travel, stipend, accommodation and health insurance covered by UNFPA.
For More Information: