Application Deadline: January 22nd 2016
The French Embassy and the Campus France-Kenya office in Nairobi will be offering scholarships for Masters and PhD levels for the 2016 academic year.
Who Can Apply?
- Members of staff of Kenyan Universities willing to strengthen their capacities by:
Pursuing a Master or a PhD course in France.
- Travelling in the frame of a formalized staff exchange programme (post-doctoral studies can be included)
- Students holding a Bachelor or Master Degree and willing to further their studies in FranceEligibility criteria
- Kenyan citizen
- Employer’s agreement (if any)
- Financial plan indicating co-funding (self-sponsoring, study leave, other scholarship)
- For programmes taught in English language: good knowledge of French language or a letter of intent signed by the applicant’s commitment to follow French classes at Alliance
- Française prior to departure.
- For programmes taught in French language: a minimum level of B2 in French language is required.
- To have taken time to look for a relevant academic program and a French Host University (neither the French Embassy nor the Campus France office in Nairobi will do it for you…).
Applications from all academic disciplines will be considered. However, priority will be given to the topics listed below, i.e:
- Biological and Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences and Technologies.
- Humanities and Social Sciences including French as French Language.Scholarship Worth:
The scholarship includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- Monthly allowances (about 767 €)
- For Masters scholarship holders : from September 2016 up to June 2017 o For PhD sandwich scholarship holders: 4 annual stays in France over a 3 to 4 year period from 2016, three of them of 3 months, and a fourth stay of a couple of weeks intended for the defence.
- For Staff exchange programme: from 1 up to 3 months (between January and December 2016).
- Facilitation of the access to affordable student housing
- Social and health insurance
- Schengen visa fees
- phd scholarships application form
- masters scholarships application form
- staff exchange programme application form
For More Information: