Application Deadline: Wednesday, December 30th 2015
No. of Posts: GoUnesco will not restrict entry by numbers, course, grades, etc – the only thing that matters is your commitment.
Period of Appointment: January 10th 2016 to June 30th 2016.
Nature of Work: Online and offline
Time commitment: 1-5 hrs a week
The GoUNESCO Internship Program (GIP) is GoUNESCO’s global student outreach program. This 6 month program promotes awareness of heritage and culture among young people via fun, educative tasks.
The GoUNESCO Internship Program (formerly called the GoUNESCO Campus Ambassador/GCA Program) is a global student outreach program with the following objectives –
- Engage students in conversations on heritage and culture.
- Make heritage more accessible, interesting and fun.
- Any student with access to internet – studying any course from anywhere in the world is welcome to participate.
- Over a period of 6 months (two sessions per year – January through June and July through December), you will learn about heritage around you and from all over the world through experiential and research based tasks.
- Any undergraduate/postgraduate student, who has a passion for travelling and wants to do his part in the preservation of World Heritage Sites, is free to apply.
- Any such student, who is interested in the challenge and wants to make it his mission to light the same fire of adventure in other people’s hearts, should definitely apply.
- First participate at a #makeheritagefun event in your city (see list here) and meet GoUNESCO Interns – past and present – on Sunday, the 20th of December at 4PM. This event is open to everyone so bring along your friends too! If there is no event in your city all you need to know is to visit and explore a local heritage site on Sunday, 20th of December.
- Make sure you document your experiences online – in real-time (by posting on instagram/facebook/twitter, etc) Use the #makeheritagefun hashtag when you post to social media. You can also use this hashtag to view content that other participants across the country posted.
- Come back, write an article about the heritage location, and more importantly, your experience with the #makeheritagefun event and submit it at gounesco.com. You can add any number of pictures. Write as detailed an article as possible – instead of text, you can upload videos, embed slideshows, etc too. The main criteria for selection is the commitment we see in this activity. Do not copy from the internet, always credit if you use external images. Word limit – 800 words. Post your article by the 30th of December.
- Fill this form with your details
- Selected candidates will be awarded an e-Certificate of Appreciation from GoUNESCO.
- Exclusive online workshops for skill building, interaction with heritage experts, photographers, travelers.
- Networking opportunity with students from across the world
- A great work experience
Follow this procedure to upload your profile photo and article on gounesco.com
- For both, first login here: gounesco.com/login
- Upload profile photo: Click on ‘Edit profile‘ on the top right corner of your profile page, upload your photo in the Avatar section and click on Update profile.
- Writing an article: Click on ‘Write Article‘ on top right of your profile page, upload photos, add a title to the article and add more details in the content area.
For More Information: