The role: 2013 Software Engineer Intern, Africa Trainee Program
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Googles’ ambitions reach far beyond just Search. Googles’ products need to handle information at the the scale of the web. Google is looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information. Solve all problems that come your way.
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field. Typically within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or at any stage in your PhD.
- Currently studying at a university based in Africa.
- Experience in systems software or algorithms.
- Excellent programming skills (C++, Java, Python).
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Fluency in English.
Apply Now for the 2013 Google Software Engineer Intern Program