Deadline: December 1st 2013
|Job Title:||International Development Fellow|
|Area of Interest:||Other|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
The Catholic Relief Services’ International Development Fellows Program (IDFP) gives people who are interested in a career in international relief and development an opportunity to increase their overseas experience and gain exposure to our programs. Each year, CRS places approximately 20-25 Fellows with our country programs overseas.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS), an international non-governmental agency specializing in relief and community development, is seeking highly qualified individuals for the International Development Fellows Program (IDFP).
Assignments are for 8-12 months, starting in early September. Specific job responsibilities vary greatly from one country to another depending on the country program’s focus (Agriculture, Health, Peacebuilding, Education, Microfinance, or a combination of these). The goal of the IDFP is to place Fellows in positions where they can draw on their previous education and work experience, while broadening their skills. Most of our fellowships lead to regular positions with Catholic Relief Services.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Graduate degree in a field relevant to international development
- Professional proficiency in French, Spanish, or Arabic. French preferred.
- At least 12 months overseas work or volunteer experience in developing countries
- Ability to operate effectively in a stressful, fast changing environment where security could change unexpectedly.
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Interest in a career in development or emergency relief with Catholic Relief Services
- Commitment to CRS Guiding Principles
- Desire to work for a faith-based organization
CRS provides the IDFP participants with the following benefits:
- Stipend of $23,500 annually
- Cost of living adjustment
- Furnished housing
- Transportation to and from the country of assignment
- Medical Evacuation Coverage
- Medical, Life, Travel, Accident, and Personal/Household Effects Insurance.
For More Information: