Application Deadline: March 31, 2016.
Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is now calling for Applications for its 2016 International Fellowships. This program is to offer core funding to financially help you come and stay in Japan when you have found that it is preferable or very important for you to stay in Japan to further pursue your ongoing study/research.
- You are a woman of any nationality but other than Japanese, living outside Japan at the time of application.
- You have received a Master’s degree or its equivalent, and presently work outside academia, or you are astudent/researcher higher than MA /its equivalent level (typically of pre-doctoral or dissertation level).
- Postdoctoral researchers may apply but they may be placed lower in priority
- You have to find a host university or institution in Japan by yourself, and have to submit, at the time of application, a Letter of Acceptance from that host or from your prospective supervisor thereof. JAUW will not extend any help regarding this matter.・
- You have to explain in your proposal why you have to come to stay in Japan to pursue your ongoing study or research.
- You have to state clearly in your proposal how and in what aspect you will contribute to your home country through your study/ research in Japan.
- The amount of grant will range from ¥700,000 to ¥1,000,000 per grantee. The duration of your stay in Japan and various other factors will be taken into consideration in deciding the total amount of grant.
- This grant is for 5 to 6 months between September 2016 and March 2017, depending on your proposal.
- One third of the total amount will be paid at the time of your arrival in Japan. The rest will normally be paid within 40 days after the initial payment. However, the latter amount (i.e. two thirds of the total) may be payable in two or three installments, depending on circumstances surrounding the grantee in Japan.・
- The winners of this fellowship will be notified by e-mail in early June, 2016. Toward the middle of June in 2016, their names will be made public on the JAUW web-site.
- Applications must be submitted using the official forms:
2016 Form of a Letter of Acceptance/Confirmation/Invitation, (pdf) & word (docx)
(Be sure to ask your host professor etc. to use this form when writing a Letter of Acceptance. Other forms shall not be accepted.)
2016 Form of Certificate of Health, (pdf)
- All entries of the Application Forms must be single spaced, and typed in English. The format must be kept as specified in each form.
Five copies of each of the completed Application Forms (i.e. both part 1 and part 2), and all other Application documents must be sent in one single packet via airmail to:International Fellowship CommitteeJapanese Association of University Women11-6-101 Samoncho, Shinjuku-ku,Tokyo 160-0017,JAPAN
For More Information: