Application Deadline: 22 January 2016
The Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld Scholarships and Leadership Programme supports outstanding postgraduate students from developing and emerging economies throughout Africa, Asia and South America.
The Louis Dreyfus Foundation aims to promote sustainable agriculture, food security and self-sufficiency, particularly through education and direct support to farmers, with a specific focus on developing countries in the above-mentioned regions.
- The Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld Scholarships and Leadership Programme targets future leaders pursuing diverse careers with a focus on improving food security and sustainability.
- Successful applicants must demonstrate that, following their academic studies at Oxford, they are committed to serving the global community through their chosen field of work, including but not limited to: the agricultural industry, development areas, politics and/or law related to food security and/or sustainable agriculture, health care, environmental and water management, economic, public and foreign policy.
- You should be able to demonstrate a connection between your subject of study and your longer-term career objectives, explaining how you see your professional work contributing to the improvement of public life in your country of origin or at a wider regional or international level.
The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £14,057). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
How to Apply:
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must select the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme in the University of Oxford Scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course (8 or 22 January 2016)
- See the Courses page for the deadline applicable to your course.
- You must also complete a Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships Questionnaire (see Related documents on this page) and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline.
For More Information: