Application Deadline: April 30th 2016
- Further your education and gather real life experience in the travel industry, with USD$2,000 prize money and two weeks industry experience with TourRadar and G Adventures!
The TourRadar Travel Scholarship is an award offered to students all over the globe who are currently enrolled in travel related tertiary education courses. The scholarship is designed to assist students who are passionate about the travel industry, while allowing them to gain priceless experience, industry knowledge, and help further their education.
- The scholarship is open to bachelor, vocational or master level students studying travel or tourism (or equivalent courses).
- Application Period: 1 August 2015 to 30 April 2016.
- Award winner will be notified in writing on or before 1 June 2016.
- Applicants must be able to show they are currently attending a tertiary education institution.
To apply for the TourRadar Travel Scholarship, you will submit a video featuring a single destination. You are to think how a tour guide would think and feature your local town, city or your favourite place you’ve traveled to. All videos must
- Give an overview of the destination, reasons people would want to travel there and what the highlights of the area are
- Show your enthusiasm for the destination with yourself being featured in the video
- Ascertain a certain quality. We are not looking for professional videos, but production quality will be taken into consideration, alongside quality of information
- Be between 2 minutes 30 seconds and 3 minutes in length
You will also submit an essay (400 words maximum) explaining how you will use the scholarship award to further your education and experience within the travel industry.
How to Apply
Name: Your full name and year of birth.
Study: The name of your accredited educational institution and qualification being studied.
University: The name of the University you’re studying at
Contact: Your email and phone number.
Submission: An original video featuring a destination of your choice as outlined in the challenge above, and an essay (max 400 words) explaining how you will use the award to further your education and experience