Application Deadline: October 12, 2023.
Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship : Earn a Masters in Development Practice from one of the top ten schools in the world: The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota . The scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
- Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 22 on each section), 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section), or 120 Duolingo, minimum Literacy Subscore: 120 or above).
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years
- The scholarship will cover full tuition, living expenses, travel and health insurance.
- Completed application form including the personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- Copy of the National ID
- Copy of the National ID of the guarantor (the guarantor is the person who signs the contract with the accepted student. This person could be his/her father, mother, sister, or brother. The guarantor’s role is to ensure that the student is fulfilling his/her commitments.)
- Updated resume
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS score/Duolingo
- Two letters of recommendation
- One personal photo
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
- The deadline for the 2024-2025 Yousriya Loza- Sawiris Scholarship- Masters of Development Program is Thursday, October 12, 2023.
- Email: [email protected]
For More Information: