Application Deadline: March 10, 2016, midnight GMT+0
School of Data is inviting journalists, civil society advocates and anyone interested in pushing data literacy forward to apply for its 2016 Fellowship Programme, which will run from April to December 2016.
Fellowships are nine-month placements with School of Data for data-literacy practitioners or enthusiasts. During this time, fellows work alongside School of Data to build an individual programme that will make use of both the collective experience of School of Data’s network to help fellow gain new skills, and the knowledge that fellows bring along with them, be it about a topic, a community or specific data literacy challenges.
As part of this fellowship, our shared aim will be to increase awareness of data literacy and build communities who together, can use data literacy skills to make the change they want to see in the world.
ideal candidate combines the following skills:
- Data savvy: has experience working with data and a passion for teaching data skills.
- Understands the role of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and media in bringing positive change through advocacy, campaigns, and storytelling. Fellows are passionate about enabling partners to use data effectively through training and ongoing support.
- Interested or experienced in working with journalism and/or civil society.
- Has some facilitation skills and enjoys community-building (both online and offline).
- Eager to learn from and be connected with an international community of data enthusiasts.
- Provide a globally recognized community and programme which includes mentors, fellows, educators, and partners
- Organise a 9-month programme including online and offline trainings aimed at developing data and leadership skills as well as individual coaching
- Support the fellows to select local organisations to support and define clear, measurable objectives for their fellowships
- Implement an evaluation process tracking the deliverables of the fellowship.
- Connect fellows with a growing community of School of Data practitioners and ensure continuous exchange of resources, knowledge, and best practices
- Connect with and organise training sessions and coaching with renowned experts in the areas of participatory events management, storytelling, public speaking, etc.
- Facilitate opportunities for paid work, including fundraising for stipends to ensure ongoing availability and reactiveness to the needs of learners; see below for more information on the stipend
- Work with one or more local civil society organisations to develop data-driven campaigns and research
- Available positions: up to 10 fellows, with 5 slots reserved for Data Journalism, Extractives Data and Responsible Data applications. .
- Application deadline: March 10, 2016, midnight GMT+0
- Duration: From April 1st, 2016 to December 31st, 2016
- Level of activity: 10 days per month
- Stipend: $1000 USD per month
For More Information: