Application Deadline: March 22, 2016
The Andrei Stenin photo contest was established by Rossiya Segodnya under the auspices of Russia’s Commission for UNESCO. The organizers have chosen as its basic theme this year “Visualizing A Path to Global Understanding,” in tune with the International Year of Global Understanding, as proclaimed by UNESCO.
The 2016 contest will showcase five categories for which young photographers can vie for awards: “My Country,” “World Colors. Harmony of Life,” “Portraits: A Hero of Our Time,” “Top News” and “Sport”.
The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest aims to promote young photographers and attract public attention to photojournalism and its current missions. It is Russia’s only platform to discover new photojournalists and develop high standards for documentary photography in Russia and the world.
The annual Andrei Stenin international press photo contest begins accepting contest works on December 22, the birthday of Rossiya Segodnya special photo correspondent Andrei Stenin, who died while on assignment. Rossiya Segodnya organized the contest under the auspices of Russia’s Commission for UNESCO to discover new talent in photo journalism, and promote and develop high standards of documentary photography. It is Russia’s only international contest in support of young professional photographers
- Photographers of 18 to 33 years of age qualify to take part.
- The 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes amount to 50,000, 35,000 and 25,000 rubles, respectively, with the Grand Prix set at 500,000 rubles.
- 22/12/2015 Open for entries
- 22/03/2016 : Entries close
- 19/05/2016 Shortlist announcement
- 04/08/2016 : Winner’s list
- 30/08/2016 : Awards ceremony, opening of the photo exhibition
For More Information: