Application Deadline: January 31st 2016
What: Summer Internship (June–September)
Application Period: The application period for the Summer Internship is December 1–January 31 each year.
The World Bank Group Internship offers highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting.
To be eligible for the internship:
- Candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity).
- Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Prior relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
Fields of Study:
- This internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields.
- The World Bank Group pays an hourly salary to all interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses.
- Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations.
- Most positions are located in Washington, D.C. (some positions are offered in country offices) and are a minimum of four weeks in duration.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are mandatory).
- Provide the most current contact information.
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
- Each file should not exceed 5 MB, and should be in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
Apply Now for the 2016 World Bank Paid Summer Internship Programme for Young Professional Graduates
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016 World Bank Paid Summer Internship Programme for Young Professional Graduates
Dear all am happy to join the group and shake experience from all over the world.
I’m looking for the job
Comment:I will humbly leave my work and join the UN given an opportunity..Humanitarian work
I would love to do my internship at world bank when given an opportunity