Application Deadline: 31 July 2016
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) announces a Call for Applications for its 2016/2017 In-Residence Advanced Academia Fellowships for fundamental research in the field of the humanities and the social sciences.
- Be non-Bulgarian citizens;
- Have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and social sciences;
- International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages.
- High quality of the candidate’s academic portfolio and publications, participation in international research;
- Innovative fundamental research proposal with significant contribution;
- Interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches are an advantage.
- As an international academic institution CAS conducts most of its work in English which is also the language of the presentations of research results.
- Therefore, a good command of English is highly desirable.
CAS Sofia provides in-residence fellowships of two- to five- month duration to post-doctoral non-Bulgarian researchers. Junior as well as Senior scholars are invited to apply.
The selected Fellows are entitled to:
- A monthly stipend of 700 euro (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia.
- Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases.
- Travel allowance (400 euro)
- Research expenses (100 euro p.m.)
Links for downloading:
For More Information: