Google Code Jam is a programming competition in which professional and student programmers solve complex algorithmic challenges in a limited amount of time.
The competition began in 2003 as a means to identify top engineering talent for potential employment at Google. The competition consists of a set of algorithmic problems which must be solved in a fixed amount of time. Competitors may use any programming language and development environment to obtain their solutions.
What’s involved in Code Jam:
- A 27-hour Online Qualification Round taking place on April 8, 2016 @ 23:00 UTC.
- Multiple online rounds .
- The chance to win one of 25 spots at the World Finals on August 5, 2016, held at the Google office in New York, New York.
- A grand prize of $15,000 and earning the title of 2016 Code Jam World Champion.
- Travel Expenses. As a finalist, Google will pay for certain expenses related to your travel to and participation in the final round as described below. You must submit to Google or its designated agent within 45 days after the final round any eligible expenses you want reimbursed with detailed receipts and any documentation requested by Google; otherwise, your expenses will not be reimbursed. You are responsible for all other expenses.
- Visa. You are responsible for obtaining your own visa prior to arrival to the final round; however, Google will reimburse you for any visa application fee and up to $100 USD in travel expenses incurred each way in obtaining the visa. Google will not reimburse any fees or expenses related to obtaining a passport
- Flight. As a finalist, you will receive round-trip coach class air transportation from the major airport nearest your residence on a flight selected by Google. If you want to fly from an airport other than the major airport nearest your residence or on a flight other than the flight selected by Google, you will have to pay for the difference in cost.
- Accommodations. As a finalist, you will receive hotel accommodations for one at a hotel of Google’s choice for the duration of the final round.
- Meals. As a finalist, Google will reimburse you for the cost of your meals up to $30 USD per day on days you are travelling to and from the Contest and up to $60 USD per day on non-travel days during the final round.
Code Jam T-Shirt. You are eligible to receive one t-shirt if:
- (A) you are one of the top-scoring 1000 contestants from Code Jam Round 2
- you are one of the top-scoring 500 contestants from Distributed Code Jam Round 1.
- Code Jam Cash Prizes. You are eligible to receive one of the following cash prizes if you advance to, attend, and compete in the final round of Code Jam.
Competitor(s) Prize 1st Place $15,000 USD 2nd Place $2,000 USD 3rd Place $1,000 USD 4th—26th Place $100 USD
- 6.3 Distributed Code Jam Cash Prizes. You are eligible to receive one of the following cash prizes if you advance to, attend, and compete in the final round of Distributed Code Jam.
Competitor(s) Prize 1st Place $5,000 USD 2nd Place $1,000 USD 3rd Place $500 USD
|Friday, April 8, 2016||23:00 UTC||27hr||Qualification Round|
|Saturday, April 16, 2016||01:00 UTC||2hr 30min||Online Round 1: Sub-Round A|
|Saturday, April 30, 2016||16:00 UTC||2hr 30min||Online Round 1: Sub-Round B|
|Sunday, May 8, 2016||09:00 UTC||2hr 30min||Online Round 1: Sub-Round C|
|Saturday, May 28, 2016||14:00 UTC||2hr 30min||Online Round 2|
|Sunday, May 29, 2016||14:00 UTC||3hr||Distributed Code Jam Online Round 1|
|Saturday, June 11, 2016||14:00 UTC||2hr 30min||Online Round 3|
|Sunday, June 12, 2016||14:00 UTC||3hr||Distributed Code Jam Online Round 2|
|Friday, August 5, 2016||16:30 UTC||4hr||Onsite Finals|
|Saturday, August 6, 2016||16:30 UTC||4hr||Distributed Code Jam Onsite Finals|
For More Information: