Application Deadline: March 31st 2016
The SAMRO Foundation is inviting applications for bursaries for music studies. The SAMRO Foundation accepts applications from:
- full-time students,
- registered at a South African University, in their 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, or honours, masters or doctoral degrees, who are
- Citizens of South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho or Swaziland, who are studying for a degree or diploma majoring in music.
Regrettably the SAMRO Foundation is not presently in a position to award bursaries to:
- students from private higher education institutions;
- university students in their 1st year of study;
- students in foundation or bridging programmes.
Each bursary is worth R10 000.
The Application Form:
Before applicants start to fill in the form they should source following digital documents that will need to be uploaded before submitting the application:
- Copy of ID Document
- Proof of 2016 registration
- 2015 Examination results or most recent academic record (university transcript)
- 2 Letters of reference (not older than 3 months)
- For Masters and Doctoral applicants – a 5 to 8 page synopsis of your thesis or dissertation.
They request that all communications including reference letters be provided in English.
Please only submit what has been requested. Additional material will be discarded.
Disqualification criteria: Applications will not be considered if
- any section of the form is incomplete
- supporting documents are missing
- more than one proposal is submitted per student
- the application is submitted after the deadline of 31 March 2016
For More Information: