Application Deadline: Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 18h00, SAST.
The WomEng Fellowship is the flagship annual entrepreneur, technical innovation challenge and employability program for the best and brightest female engineering, technology and built environment students to find solutions to global challenges and develop and prepare for industry.
Fellowship ties in with several other WomEng programmes, the most important being the WomEng Enterprise Development (WED) programme. The WED is the newest of the WomEng programmes and was created to develop sustainable female owned businesses. Through the programme, WomEng develops, incubates and nurtures women owned businesses in the engineering sector.
The WED incubates the winning business plan presented through the Technovation Challenge each year. Through Fellowship, WomEng is raising the profile of the engineering sector. WomEng Fellows are not only equipped with highly desirable scarce employability skills, but the knowledge and skills to start-up their own business. WomEng is creating diversity in the engineering industry.
Each year, the Fellowship programme is set around a trending global theme. In 2015, the United Nations signed into order the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), more commonly known as “The Global Goals” – 17 Goals to be achieved by 2030. In 2017, we are challenging our WomEng Fellows to come up with new business ideas and innovations that will contribute to the realisation of one or more of the Global Goals.
- Applications are open to female engineering, technology and built environment students currently studying full-time at a South African University or University of Technology.
- Applicants must be in their 2nd, penultimate (e.g. 3rd year at university) or final year (e.g 4th year at university) of undergraduate or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must commit to attending the full programme from 11th – 14th July 2017.
- Ex-fellows are not eligible to apply.
How it Works
- Complete the application form below. The deadline for submission of completed applications is Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 18h00, SAST.
- Apply for the Unilever Bursary. Link is within this application. Highly recommended for 2nd year students to apply.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted in June 2017.
- WomEng covers all costs related to participation in the programme including travel to Cape Town, accommodation, food, facilitation etc. You only have to pay for a small fee of R700 to avoid “no-shows”.
- Further details regarding the programme logistics and planning will be communicated directly to the successful applicants.
- The WomEng Team looks forward to welcoming the Top 60 Fellows to Cape Town in July 2017
For More Information: