Launched in 2013, the Grameen Foundation Fellowship is a unique opportunity for talented business and technology professionals to gain in-depth, hands-on field experience in the social sector. Each 12-month field placement is individually tailored to match your skills and interests with the needs of Grameen Foundation and its partners around the world.
During their year in the field, the Fellows work with some of the brightest minds in social innovation on projects designed to accelerate the impact, scale and sustainability of some of the world’s most promising organizations committed to alleviating global poverty. All Fellows receive monthly stipends, group orientation, and ongoing professional development training.
- Hands-On-Field Experience
- One Year Program, running from September through August
- Placements with Grameen Foundation Teams and Partner Organizations
- Pre-Departure Training, Ongoing Support
- Professional and Career Development, including participation in Grameen Foundation mentoring, Communities of Practice, career planning and thought leadership opportunities.
- Local living and Supplemental Health Insurance Stipend included
- Financial and logistical support during relocation
- Diverse skill sets recruited, including business development, consulting, financial analysis, product development and marketing
- All Fellows will receive a monthly living stipend and benefits package (including roundtrip airfare, health insurance and visas/work permits).
- The monthly stipend amount is calculated to cover only those costs associated and incurred during the duration of the Fellows’ field assignment (e.g. housing, food, and phone, internet, and transport).
- Stipend amounts are determined by the cost of living specific to the location of each placement to ensure Fellows can maintain a safe, but modest, standard of living. The country-specific stipend amount will be shared with candidates advancing to the Group Interview stage. Please note that stipend amounts are non-negotiable
Written Application Deadline March 1
August 31, 2017
1) Written Application 2) Group Interviews
3) Individual Interviews
The following page provides instructions for completing the first stage of the Fellowship application; the Written Application. Information about the Group Interviews and Individual Interviews will be sent to candidates who have been selected to advance to those stages.
For More Information: